Childcare is everybody’s business
Quality affordable childcare benefits everyone. It provides a good start in life for children. It contributes to a prosperous society by enabling parents to work or train, supporting employers and regenerating local communities. It underpins policies which tackle social exclusion, create jobs and raise educational standards. Greenfields aims to be a key provider of community childcare services in Nottingham. Our continued work towards being a centre of excellence includes:
- Meeting all national and local childcare standards and regulations.
- Involving our families in everything we do and building good working partnerships with parents to improve children’s learning.
- Continued investment in the training and development of our childcare staff.
- Continued review of our service delivery and practice.
- Ensuring our services meet the needs of the community by consulting with users and other community groups.
- Working with other agencies and families to ensure our service is inclusive for children with additional support requirements.
- Working with local schools to operate a Lunch Club and an After School Service, providing quality wrap around care to extend the school day enabling local parents to work and study.
- Providing additional free services for our families such as welfare rights advice sessions, community-based training, respite care and ESOL groups with crèche support.
- Working in partnership with the local authority to engage fully in local initiatives such as free early education for two, three and four year olds.
‘Greenfields aims to support community regeneration, family life and access to opportunity through the provision of quality, affordable, accessible childcare and related services’.